Jason Dillon wrote:
If things start to frustrate you...chat about them or walk away from the terminal after typing up a nasty message...hitting delete before send.

I have yet to send any message that I believe to have been nasty in nature.

Jason, that was a tip for when you feel like saying something nasty. I am not, nor have I said anything you type up is nasty. Lets not beat a
dead horse here and turn this into something its not.

I understand; I was just being clear that I had not been nasty... which one could derive from your response, not that you mean that I was.

Jason, I can probably come up with a minimum of 10 emails from you
within the last week or so that are either caustic, sarcastic, or
expressing very opinionated views that are somewhat a waste of space on
these lists.

Ic... so you respond to my caustic or opinionated view with your caustic or opinionated view... don't see how that helps.

Expressing your extreme disdain for Windows or responding
to someone who is trying to communicate with you with "whatever...." is not a way to build and forge good feelings among friends on these lists.

How would you respond to someone who is berating you over and over with the same statements and not actively trying to resolve the issue as suggested by working a patch out? Seems like my constructive requests for patches or more specifics are going unanswered... so "whatever..." I give up on trying.

 I would bet that if you changed your tune on how you interact with
people, you may find that your frustrations will dissipate.

My tune has only recently been starting to change because of the failed efforts of my previous tune which was to try and be patient and constructive and direct... granted I might not have been the most effective at it, but I am and will keep trying to do that... up to a point. You chimed commenting about several emails after I had reached that threshold.

I am not convinced that there is one set, desired and effective way to communicate here.

If you feel that my last email was not attempting to help in an amicable
way, then my apologies...I need to work on my communication skills.  I
will not waste my time or yours further on this issue. I suggest we let
this go at this time as its going nowhere fast :(

I do (and did) understand that was the point of your email... and my response was only to clarify to instigate, but based on your response I see that you might have misinterpreted what I said.

This is in fact the krux of our problems with emails... it is entirely to easy to misinterpret, misunderstand or misjudge based solely on textual representations.

But, I don't feel that it is wise to simply drop in a note for the last word, or to leave a comment that could be misinterpreted go unchallenged, as those situations tend to bread common (mis) conceptions of a situation which is not necessarily the accurate reality.

I believe we all need to work more on own communication skills... including myself.

--jason