I'm not quite sure where the 1.1.1 release is, so I'm asking if we should merge in dain's fix for g-2305.

The problem is that if you get a resource url from our classloader for something in the app

URL url = cl.getResource("file1.xml");

and then try to use that url to construct a related url:

URL url2 = new URL(url, "somethingelse.xml");

the second url doesn't work because we put a UrlStreamHandler in the first url that only works with that first url, and the url constructor used for url2 uses that same UrlStreamHandler.

The fix is to make the UrlStreamHandler work for any path into the same jar, and use normal mechanisms for paths outside the jar.

This breaks trinidad (part of myfaces IIUC) and seems like a fairly serious error. IMO there is extremely little danger of the fix breaking anything that used to work, since the code path that is changed used to throw an exception. The fix does allow the user's sample app to work.

I'm leaning towards recommending adding it to 1.1.1.

thanks