Chris,  Thanks for offering to help. Since you've already got a
working Geronimo webapp that uses Dojo in GERONIMO-1823 I would love
to see how this idea holds up. How about moving the Dojo library from
your webapp into separate webapp available at the context root "/dojo"
and then adjusting your webapp to point at it?  Depending on how you
referenced Dojo in your scripts and html you may have to include a
line like:
               dojo.setModulePrefix("dojo", "/dojo");
after you load dojo.js.  I also figured out a way to dynamically load
dojo.js from a javascript file (instead of html) if you that would
help.

To start the Dojo webapp and make its resources available you would
also need to add a line to your webapps geronimo-web.xml like
   <dependencies>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>dojo</groupId>
       <artifactId>dojo-toolkit</artifactId>
       <type>war</type>
     </dependency>

Does that sound reasonable? Feel free to take this idea and run with
it, get creative, etc :-)

Best wishes,
Paul