A first step would be to put the new version of the spec in
  specs/trunk/geronimo-jta_1.1_spec
or something like that.

On 8/21/06, David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've implemented the jta 1.1 feature locally and want to do the ejb 3/
jpa container managed persistence stuff.  Where should I put it?

jta 1.1 adds one interface to jta 1.0.1B with AFAICT no other changes
(I haven't actually been able to locate the spec, just the javadoc).
Anyone know if we can run the j2ee 1.4 tck using jee5 spec jars?

Not sure, but if the signatures of the package are different, it may cause
some problems, and adding an interface may be considered as a non
compliant change.

If this is the case, it will be difficult to have JEE 5 parts in a J2EE 1.4
certified server.

If not, I think we'll have to do something like copy the tm module to
somewhere else for jee5 work.  Maybe a copy of tm in sandbox?  I
worry about getting out of sync with m2 related reorganizations.

I think only the spec would lead to problems.  The implementation
may be able to work with a 1.0.1 spec, as soon as the implementation
of TransactionSynchronizationRegistry is not loaded.

My first guess at the CMP is to do most of the work in the tm module.
but I might change my mind at any time.

thanks

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet