Wecome back, Eric !

I have the following stuff in your test
      HttpEndpoint provider = new HttpEndpoint();
       provider.setService(new QName("urn:provider", "http"));
       provider.setEndpoint("provider");
       //provider.setTargetService(new QName("urn:test", "echo"));
       //provider.setTargetEndpoint("echo");
       provider.setLocationURI("http://localhost:8080/";);
       provider.setRoleAsString("provider");
       provider.setSoap(true);
       provider.setSoapVersion("1.1");
       //provider.setWsdlResource(new ClassPathResource("Retailer.wsdl"));
       provider.setDefaultMep(URI.create("
http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out";));
       provider.setSoap(false);

So the soap attribute is first set to true, and later to false ;)