I understand your point. I guess I'm conflicted at this point as it seems like Geronimo is becoming a Maven project :-) If the underlying tool is causing such fundamental changes to the way the project is structured, named, etc. is the tool flexible enough?

I don't mean to start a rant or a huge debate as I know many people love Maven. I'm just commenting that it seems like were spending more time restructuring Geronimo around Maven than we are developing Geronimo. Seems a bit backwards.

Ok, flamesuit on :)

Guillaume Nodet wrote:
The problem with not keeping the geronimo- prefix is that all jars will end
up as
 activemq-1.2.jar
 activation-1.2.jar
It will be highly confusing.

The other solution is to break the directory name = artifactId rule, which
is imho
a bad idea.

On 9/5/06, Matt Hogstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm assuming everything is not geronimo- ... that might be from the
department of redundancy department.