On Sep 12, 2006, at 8:06 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

On Sep 12, 2006, at 4:26 AM, David Blevins wrote:

On Sep 11, 2006, at 9:27 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

On Sep 11, 2006, at 10:17 PM, David Blevins wrote:

[X] +1 CTR with documentation guidelines

And to clarify, my proposal was actual for CTR w/optional RTC with Lazy Consensus, where we as a community agree RTC with Lazy Consensus is encouraged in the following situations:

I'm inclined to say "at your discretion" where the following are encouraged:
 - Significant new functionality
 - Significant changes
 - Patches from Contributors
 - Borderline "fixes" to a stable branch

This is still my preferred verbiage.

Since this is a VOTE thread I think the vote needs to be unqualified. So the +1 is for 3 as stated or it should be a -1 with qualifications. Otherwise the vote gets very hard to tally.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. My vote is for 3 without qualifications. Was simply adding (unsuccessfully) that my proposal didn't make it into the list of options.

David, Apologies if I failed to capture the proposal, properly. Was hoping the SUMMARY thread would iron out any mis-interpretations...

No, it's my bad. I didn't get my feedback into the SUMMARY. Option 3 is a fine starting place and I think it's AOK to evolve a group sense of where we'd like to encourage (not require) the use of RTC w/ lazy consensus as one possible means to communicate change (the documentation guidelines are also fine).

-David