On Oct 18, 2006, at 5:31 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
They aren't tested.
Can we put a separate section (or a separate page) for the non- certified downloads?
geir

IIUC you are concerned about the heading "J2EE 1.4 Certified Releases" followed by "Linux/Mac OS X/Unix Downloads". Those downloads are for those various platforms listed even if we only certified against a subset of the list. Would it be better to just remove the word "certified" from the earlier heading?

If necessary, we could specify somewhere else on the download page that we actually only certified against Linux and Windows.

What do you think?

The web page seems OK to me, as is. The *releases* are certified. We create different distributions to aid users in installing on different platforms. They all contain the same binaries...

If you want to remove the "certified", I'm ok with that. If we want to add explicit information about what platforms we certify on (Linux and Azul at the moment), we can do that, also...