Jason Dillon wrote:
And it looks like the upgrade from wadi 2.0m1 to 2.0m2-SNAPSHOT is non-trivial. I see a ton of "org.codehaus.wadi.gridstate" related symbols missing and a bunch of things like missing "ProxiedLocation" and "InvocationContext".

I think someone who knows all this wadi muck is going to need to look at this.

muck ! :-)

Jason,

Gianny will know about the finer points of this. I think that you are probably seeing the fallout of (1) refactoring between m1 and m2 and (2) the large WADI dependency tree...

(1) provided that external interfaces (or those used by gbean/spring assemblies), internal api changes should not affect you. I'm not sure of the details of Gianny's integration, but if these changes have impacted it, then he will need to update it.

(2) The reason for the large number of dependencies is WADI's pluggability. The dependency tree pulls in all of the s/w with which WADI integrates, including AC/AMQ. However, the Geronimo integration will only require a small subset of these deps to run. You'll need to check with Gianny, but I believe that AC/AMQ is one of the dependencies that can be pruned in this way... - If you are pulling all this together via maven2, then you will want a large <exclusions> element in your WADI <dependency>.

I hope this helps and does not muddy the water too much. If you need more specifics, like which deps are actually required, Gianny and I could put you together a list... just shout.

Jules

We need to get this resolved so we don't ship different versions of activemq/activeio/activecluster junk with G.

--jason