JSTL 1.2 is dependent upon a JSP 2.1 web container (this is no great surprise). However, more specifically the Glassfish JSTL implementation is dependent upon a JSP 2.1 implementation and a 2.1 EL implementation as well.

So, I'm wondering where we will pick up the JSP support for the various containers.

I've seen it mentioned someplace that Jetty 6 would pick up the Glassfish JSP 2.1 implementation. Is this true? I just downloaded Jetty 6.0.1 and it seems that the JSP2.1 jar in lib does include com.sun classes. However, if look under modules/jsp-2.1 there are apache jasper items there (which I presume are from jakarta). Jan/Greg ... could one of you clarify this? If it is Glassfish then I presume there should be no issue with using the Glassfish JSTL library with Jetty6 ... do you agree?

I'm having a more difficult time finding information for Tomcat 6.x. There's no download yet and the documentation for tomcat 6.x seems like it's still a 5.x version of the doc with just 6.x headers. It still references servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.0 (via Jakarta) rather than servlet 2.5 and JSP 2.1. Does anybody (Jeff?) know if Tomcat is planning to pick up the Glassfish JSP 2.1 impl as well or is there going to be a new Jakarta Jasper implementation?

Thanks,
Joe