config.xml contains about 1% of the configuration of the server. 99% is in the compiled CAR file's config.ser.

--jason

On Oct 30, 2006, at 2:24 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

On 10/30/06, Jason Dillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Geronimo is, IMO, fundamentally flawed in how it is configured.
Because of this we can not even easily use Geronimo from a dist
archive to run components for the gbuild.org hosts.  We need to be
able to easily change the configuration that it comes with, strip off
a few bits, change a few ports, etc.  This is a massive pain in the
ass with Geronimo ASIS today... and this is primarily because of CAR
files.

I don't get it -- you can do that in config.xml.  Which is an XML
file, not serialized, not in a JAR, etc.  What's the problem?

Thanks,
    Aaron