On 11/2/06, Dain Sundstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Nov 2, 2006, at 11:08 AM, Paul McMahan wrote:

> OK I had a hunch something might break but I figured I would ask
> anyway just in case there was a way.  For now I can probably
> manufacture a reasonable test env on my local machine but as the
> server gets more componentized as plugins I think it will become more
> important to test the system as a whole before releasing.  To me that
> means base server, plugins, and plugin repos bits are all tested in
> the same configuration that a user will see when the release is
> announced.

I'm not so sure about that.  We already have a hard enough time
release Geronimo because of all the bits we throw into the "server"
bucket.  I'm concerned that if we decide to delay the server to make
sure plugins run, we will never get a release out.

-dain

I see your point.  It comes down to how critical the plugin
infrastructure is to the release, and right now that's debatable.
Let's just continue to innovate and see where that road takes us :-)

Best wishes,
Paul