In order to clear things up a bit I made the following changes (this was the result of a conversation with David J on IRC earlier today and Chris).  I have copied trunk before the JPA changes into daytrader/branches/1.2 and we'll leave the 1.x stream as J2EE 1.4 and enhancements.

1.2 will include the new Dojo look and feel as well as the SLSB mode and Piyush's changes to create the databases.  I'd like to fix the market summary queries also as they're killing me in that they're so heavy.  These changes will go into trunk as well.

trunk will become 2.0-SNAPSHOT and will become the Java EE 5.0 release.  I think starting with 2.0 we'll layer in JPA and it will become a Java 1.5 build as well and may not work on earlier Java Versions.  I would also like to incorporate some caching features so we can characterize G-Cache functionality as well.

I'm planning on proposing a release of DayTrader 1.1.1 this week that has improved documentation, plans, and a few bug fixes.

Other ideas?