--- Dain Sundstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Please don't put them in the same domain as the rest of the geronimo
>
> mbeans.  This will cause many TCK tests to fail and may result in
> name collisions.

     There are no name collisions because tomcat MBeans use type=... in
their names whereas Geronimo uses j2eeType=.... The only exception is
kernel. Here are some examples:

-----------------------------|-----------------------|---------------------
     MBeans                  |      Geronimo         |    Tomcat
-----------------------------|-----------------------|---------------------
Host                         |   j2eeType=Host       | type=Host
Valve                        |   j2eeType=TomcatValve| type=Valve
Manager, Realm, Resources....|   j2eeType=GBean
|type=Manager.......
Connector                    |   j2eeType=GBean      | type=Conenctor
WebModule                    | name=...../car        |
name=/host/context
Servlet                      |       X               |
geronimo:........

        I do not know enough to comment about tck. I have been using
this  modification for more than 2 weeks, and have not come across any
issues so far.

Thanks
Anita

Cheap talk?