Joe Bohn wrote:
> While Tomcat is creating a new version of Jasper it looks like Jetty is
> using Glassfish.  I guess we can use Jasper to compile the JSPs even if
> Glassfish is used to in the runtime.  We could also look into using
> Jasper for both Tomcat and Jetty but since Jetty is already using
> Glassfish I was assuming that we would do the same.

I am not keen on using Glassfish to compile for Tomcat.  I suspect
inconsistencies *may* show.  Since Jetty is using Glassfish components,
it works for them, but for Tomcat, it may not fare so well (different
compile against a different runtime).

I will use the Glassfish as a declaration (i.e. for use with Jetty), but
I would prefer we flag and use Tomcat for Tomcat for the reasons just
stated.  So lets give it a shot, but use Tomcat in the end ;-)

(I think we may have just said the same thing, but I am clarifying).

Jeff