Hmmm.... sounds like a good approach - only have the specs in trunk or a branch that are undergoing changes and all the others live in tags until changes are needed. That would make it easier for anyone trying to find the latest specs not to get confused with all of them being in trunk, but only one or two of them being published.... That would make builds easier too, since running mvn under the specs directory would only be building the few specs that are there and they would each have their own version number.

-Donald