You can create a settings.xml in the default user/.m2 directory to point to an alternate local repo dir, like -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings>
      <localRepository>${LOCAL_GERONIMO_M2_REPO}</localRepository>
</settings>

But the downside, is you're leaving it up to each developer to either supply this environment variable or manually update the file and it would be used by all Maven2 builds.... So, you would really need to restore the bootstrap scripts to setup a local Geronimo repo dir (checkout or update the needed files from svn) and then run a multistage server build (genesis, maven plugins, modules, configs and assemblies)....

-Donald

Jason Dillon wrote:
Unfortunately this would have to be externally controlled, can not specify maven.repo.local in a pom, and if you could, can't root it to the project, as ${pom.basedir} will always keep changing.

This was possible in m1 though... for what its worth. Only way to do this in m2 is to use native scripts.

:-(

--jason