I ran into this last night and changing versions of the xmlbeans plugin had no effect for me.

After some study I believe but can't yet prove that after the maven folks telling me it was absolutely impossible to fix the xmlbeans 2.0.0 pom so it was correct, it got changed to a new and differently broken form. I don't think this has anything to do with snapshots, but rather instability of the allegedly permanent non-snapshot maven repo.

Does anyone know if there is a changelog for the central repo?

thanks
david jencks