The connector spec was not updated for jee5 and if you check the connector 1.5 specification is references jta 1.0.1b. It is the correct dependency for that spec.

Regardless, there is not reason to change the pom, since it has no effect on the jar or any one using the dependency. It would simply be releasing a new version with no changes and I am very much against doing that.

-dain