On Jan 31, 2007, at 12:30 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

Kevan Miller wrote:

On Jan 31, 2007, at 10:10 AM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

This is the formal vote to accept the J2G codebase and bring it through incubation (see http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=geronimo- dev&m=116906208022256&w=2) The final destination is to be part of the geronimo devtool subproject. (see http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=geronimo- dev&m=116958894929809&w=2)

The code donation is located at:

[ ] +1 lets bring it in, this is great
[ ]  0 do what ever you want, not my cup of tea
[ ] -1 keep it out of our sight, I have a good reason

Optional
[ ] I'm willing to mentor this project while it is in incubation
[ ] I'm willing to champion the effort while it is in incubation

As I mentioned on the previous thread. I'm in favor of accepting the donation. However, I think the IBM and Axmor copyrights removed from the src code donation (and replaced with Apache src license headers). The donation would be noted in a NOTICE. I'm withholding vote, until there's a response on this subject.
Yes that will be done, as soon as its accepted, the copyright notices will be corrected when first checked into the incubator SVN

???

Filip,
OK. Now I'm confused.

Do you want Geronimo to accept a code donation? Or do you want to start a new project in incubator? I thought it was the former (and I'm pretty sure you do, too).

The process IIUC is roughly

1. Geronimo votes to accept the donation
2. The Geronimo project fills out some paperwork (update an html page and fill out the IP Clearance form -- http://incubator.apache.org/ip- clearance/ip-clearance-template.html) 3. The Incubator PMC is notified of the donation and given 48 hours to raise any objections.

That's it. There is no incubator SVN. If you want us to vote to accept the donation prior to posting a new version of the source to the JIRA, then I'd be ok with that. IMO that's all that the process requires.