By doing that the command does not fail without arguments, however when I
specify any values I get a new exception

d:\samples\1.2\Calculator\bin>java
org.apache.geronimo.samples.calc.client.CalculatorClient 10 10
javax/xml/soap/SOAPException
       at
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.configureEngine(FileProvider.java:179)
       at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.init(AxisEngine.java:172)
       at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.<init>(AxisEngine.java:156)
       at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.<init>(AxisClient.java:52)
       at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:104)
       at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:157)
       at
org.apache.axis.client.ServiceFactory.createService(ServiceFactory.java:198)
       at
org.apache.geronimo.samples.calc.client.CalculatorClient.main(CalculatorClient.java:42)

Shouldn't all these already be addressed at build time?

Cheers!
Hernan

Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:
Looks like a class path issue :-\ . Please follow the given steps and let me know the status. I would like to dig more in to this problem.

1. Add the  following JAR files to your class path.

geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec-1.1.jar
geronimo-jaxrpc_1.1_spec-1.0.1.jar
axis-1.4.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
commons-discovery-0.2.jar
wsdl4j-1.5.2.jar
(Note some  of the  versions differ according to your G version)
2.Open a command prompt and move in to the <calculator_home>/bin.
3. java org.apache.geronimo.samples.calc.client.CalculatorClient <num1> <num2>

Thanks,
Lasantha

Hernan Cunico wrote:
I can't get that far yet. I'm stuck trying to run the CalcClient, it complains about not finding the org/apache/geronimo/samples/calc/client/CalculatorClient, but the class is actually there and accessible.

BTW, I'm trying on Tomcat first.

Cheers!
Hernan

Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:
Hernan,

Thanks for pointing out this issue. Looks like we definitely have a case
here. Please verify the error you are getting as same given below.

After you have mentioned I tested this sample application in both Jetty &
Tomcat version of the server for 1.1.1 & trunk version (built recently)
but not in 1.2. The client side of the application fails in the Jetty
version of the server with following error for each case for me too:(. The
interesting thing is it works fine for Tomcat version.

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: (404)Not Found
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {}:return code:  404
&lt;html&gt;
&lt;head&gt;
&lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;Content-Type&quot; content=&quot;text/html;
charset=ISO-8859-1&quot;/&gt;
&lt;title&gt;Error 404 &lt;/title&gt;
&lt;/head&gt;
&lt;body&gt;&lt;h2&gt;HTTP ERROR:
404&lt;/h2&gt;&lt;pre&gt;NOT_FOUND&lt;/pre&gt;
&lt;p&gt;RequestURI=//Calculator/calculator&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;i&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;a
href=&quot;http://jetty.mortbay.org/&quot;&gt;Powered by
Jetty://&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;

&lt;/body&gt;
&lt;/html&gt;

        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HttpErrorCode:404

(404)Not Found
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:744)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClientProxy.invoke(AxisClientProxy.java:163)
        at $Proxy0.addition(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.samples.calc.client.CalculatorClient.main(Unknown
Source)

Thanks,
Lasantha

Lasantha,
I've been trying to get this app to work on G 1.2. I updated the build
script and deployment plans but still can't get the client to work. I had
the same error in 1.1.1, any chance you could take a look at it?

Here is the link to the 1.2 version.

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC12/simple-web-services-sample-application.html

Cheers!
Hernan