Hi Dain, What you suggest does make a lot of sense. But for the stateless-calculator ear file (i.e., calculator-stateless-ear-2[1].0-M2.ear) I would then expect to find the calculator-stateless-ear-2[1].0-M2.jar file on one of the parent classloaders for the WAR classloader in AbstractWebModuleBuilder. It's not, so I suspect there is a bug somewhere as you suggest. I shall investigate further tomorrow. Thanks for the pointer....