Yes, that used to work. It used to work because of a bug in CXF that
recently got fixed. The sample needs to be updated (so that the Java
code matches the wsdl).

Jarek

On 2/12/07, Lin Sun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi there,

I found out that the simple jax-ws example we put on the wiki
(http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/simple-web-service-with-jax-ws.html)
doesn't work with the latest trunk - CXF.   I assumed it worked before
when the article was put out there.

Here's the error I got:

22:54:17,781 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.samples.jws/Calculator/1.0/car
?J2EEApplication=null,WebModule=org.apache.geronimo.samples.jws/Calculator/1.0/c
ar,j2eeType=Servlet,name=CalculatorService"
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException: Could not
find definition for service
{http://jws.samples.geronimo.apache.org}CalculatorService.
         at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLServiceFactory.create(WSDLServiceFactory.ja
va:69)
         at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.initializ
eServiceModel(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:176)
         at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.create(Re
flectionServiceFactoryBean.java:116)
         at org.apache.geronimo.cxf.CXFEndpoint.<init>(CXFEndpoint.java:113)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.cxf.CXFWebServiceContainer.publishEndpoint(CXFWeb
ServiceContainer.java:141)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.cxf.CXFWebServiceContainer.<init>(CXFWebServiceCo
ntainer.java:94)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.cxf.CXFWebServiceContainerFactoryGBean.getWebServ
iceContainer(CXFWebServiceContainerFactoryGBean.java:84)

After modifying the wsdl:name name from

     <wsdl:service name="Calculator">

     <wsdl:service name="CalculatorService">

I can deploy the war file fine.  Would this be a bug in CXF (or
integration code) that you have to specify 'Service' at the end of the name?

P.S. I ran into another error first where the .wsdl file cannot be
located in the repo thus I moved the location of .wsdl file to
WEB-INFO\wsdl and it solved that error.

Lin