On Feb 16, 2007, at 6:09 AM, Christopher Blythe wrote:

David/Dain...

Did this information help narrow anything down?

Actually, yes. Seems your build is very old -- we don't even have that error message anymore. What version are you using?

-David

As an fyi, I tried to add an openejb-jar.xml file (based on the file Dain provided earlier in the email chain) to the location specified in the exception. Unfortunately, it resulted in the same error.

openejb-jar.xml
---------------
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openejb/trunk/openejb3/
container/openejb-core/src/test/resources/convert/oej2/cmp/daytrader/
daytrader-openejb-jar.xml

Thanks...

Chris

On 2/15/07, Christopher Blythe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: David...

Here is the exception I get...

Currently a Geronimo deployment plan is required for an EJB module. Please provide a plan as a deployer argument or packaged in the EJB JAR at META-INF/openejb-jar.xml

org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Currently a Geronimo deployment plan is required for an EJB module. Please provide a plan as a deployer argument or packaged in the EJB JAR at META-INF/openejb-jar.xml at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule (EjbModuleBuilder.java:166) at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule (EjbModuleBuilder.java:134) at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder$ $FastClassByCGLIB$$cd80af20.invoke
(<generated>)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke (FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke
(GBeanOperation.java:127)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke (GBeanInstance.java:820) at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke (RawInvoker.java:57)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke
(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept (ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96) at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ModuleBuilder$ $EnhancerByCGLIB$$d2a1ea22.createModule
(<generated>)
at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.addModules (EARConfigBuilder.java:723) at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getEarPlan (EARConfigBuilder.java:355)
at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getDeploymentPlan (EARConfigBuilder.java:257) at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$ $FastClassByCGLIB$$38e56ec6.invoke(<generated>)
at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke
(FastMethod.java:53)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke (FastMethodInvoker.java:38) at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke (GBeanOperation.java:127)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke
(GBeanInstance.java:820)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke (RawInvoker.java:57) at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke (RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept
(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.CorbaGBeanNameSource$ $EnhancerByCGLIB$$9cf6437.getDeploymentPlan (<generated>)
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java
:232)
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:124)
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$ $734a235d.invoke (<generated>)
at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke
(FastMethod.java:53)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke (FastMethodInvoker.java:38) at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke (GBeanOperation.java:127)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke
(GBeanInstance.java:855)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke (BasicKernel.java:239) at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDe ploy (AbstractDeployCommand.java:114) at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run (DistributeCommand.java:60) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)I have placed the plan file and ear that I am using at the following location...

http://people.apache.org/~cjblythe/m2_deploy/

Thanks...

Chris

On 2/14/07, David Blevins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Feb 14, 2007, at 1:59 PM, Christopher Blythe wrote:

> Dain and David...
>
> Took a swag at deploying Daytrader on Geronimo 2.0-M2... During
> deployment, it complained about the openejb-jar.xml file missing
> from the EJB module. I added the one you provided earlier in this
> chain, but for some reason it is still complaining that the openejb-
> jar.xml file is missing from the EJB module. I think Matt is
> probably running into the same issue...
>
> Does the or-mapping file also need to go in the ear/jar somewhere?
> Should this work on M2? Is there anything else that needs to go
> into the jar/ear?
>
> It really seems to me like we need way too many extra xml files to
> deploy this thing.

You shouldn't need any files in the ear, i.e. passing the plan as a
parameter on the command line should work as always.

Post the message text and a stack trace (if there is one) and I'll
see if I can't find what part of the code is confused.

-David