Lin,

I am able to start/run G from the Jetty driver I got from here
http://people.apache.org/~prasad/binaries/20070221/

Haven't tried tomcat.

Cheers
Prasad

On 2/21/07, Lin Sun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi there,

I found that I could not start AG with a new build I did this AM (with
rev 509970).  Here's the error -

E:\linsun\geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0-SNAPSHOT\bin>java -jar server.jar
Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.5.0_10)...
16:13:19,187 WARN  [ConfigurationUtil] Could not load gbean
org.apache.geronimo.
configs/j2ee-system/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j
2ee-system/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=Repository,name=Repository
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Could not find
a valid
constructor for GBean:
org.apache.geronimo.system.repository.Maven2Repository
ParameterTypes: [class java.net.URI, interface
org.apache.geronimo.system.server
info.ServerInfo, boolean]
constructor types: [class java.io.File]
constructor types: [class java.net.URI, interface
org.apache.geronimo.system.ser
verinfo.ServerInfo]

         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.<init>(GBeanInstance.
java:351)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.loadGBean(BasicKernel.ja
va:354)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:363)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConf
iguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:155)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConf
iguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:126)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:242)
         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:74)
         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:366)
[  ]  0%   0s Startup failed
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unknown start
exceptio
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:444)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConf
iguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:155)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConf
iguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:126)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:242)
         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:74)
         at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:366)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Could not fi
nd a valid constructor for GBean:
org.apache.geronimo.system.repository.Maven2Re
pository
ParameterTypes: [class java.net.URI, interface
org.apache.geronimo.system.server
info.ServerInfo, boolean]
constructor types: [class java.io.File]
constructor types: [class java.net.URI, interface
org.apache.geronimo.system.ser
verinfo.ServerInfo]

         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.<init>(GBeanInstance.
java:351)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.loadGBean(BasicKernel.ja
va:354)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:363)
         ... 5 more
[...]

Server shutdown begun
Server shutdown completed

Anyone else has seen this?  Would a basic startup/shutdown test be
something interesting to be added to our four times daily auto build test?

Lin