Now that server/trunk requires 1.5 to build and run, I think we should start to weed out our usage of the backport-util-concurrent package (and concurrent if there is still anything left of that in our src tree).

I think we may still have to include backport-util-concurrent-*.jar in the assembly until all of our dependencies have weeded it out too... or perhaps just have to live with that in the repository. But hopefully we can remove our usage of these classes and not need to include this puppy in lib/* anymore.

Looks like we are currently using edu.emory.mathcs.backport in 39 locations (based on imports) which are over 25 files.

 * * *

Anyone know of any reason why we shouldn't change all of these to use the java.util.concurrent.* classes?

Even after weeding out *our* usage, if we still need to include this jar I recommend we update to the latest release 3.0.

--jason