I don't think they are needed. They are introduced because of this JIRA - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2979 and this is a unique prob with patches unfortunately. maybe a svn bug so that it can remove the empty files automatically during commit?

Lin

Jason Dillon wrote:
There are also some empty .xml files in the test/resources. If someone can take a look and see if these empty files are needed by the tests or not and report back so we can clean them up it would be appreciated.

--jason