Interesting...

So if my application depends on an OracleDriver or other vendor specific
implementations how my application will be instructed to refer to the
specific implementation (jar) as my class import one of those. How can it
resolve the reference to the correct jar?

An example class:
import java.sql.Connection; import java.sql.Driver; import
java.sql.DriverManager; import java.sql.SQLException; import
oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver; /** * @author daniel */ public class WeirdTest {
/**     * @param args     */    public static void main(String[] args)    {
try        {            Driver driver = new OracleDriver();
DriverManager.registerDriver(driver);            Connection conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@noldb03:1521:cpslive",
"nol_web_page_builder", "nolwebpagebuilder");
System.out.println(conn.getMetaData());        }        catch (SQLException
e)        {            e.printStackTrace();        }     } }
Regards