On Apr 26, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:

--- Matt Hogstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have to go back and see the directory layout your proposing.  I
iki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/running-multiple-instances-of-geronimo.html
didn't see a specific proposal in the JIRA
  Some information is here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/running-multiple-instances-of- geronimo.html

Some Background info:
   Currently the following dir/files are used to run an instance:

deploy
var -
    activemq
    catalina
    config
    derby
    log
    security
    shared
    temp
    txlog
   I like hot deploy directory being outside of the 'var'. All these
directories go under G/foo for an instance named foo. The 'var' created
by build has:

var
   config
   log
   security
   temp

My list was illustrative because I am too lazy...sorry if it was confusing.

If the tree doesn't exist we fail with a message like: "Server
instance 'geronimo03' has not been initialized.  Please run the
serverInstance.sh script to create a new instance."

   The issue here is do we make a copy (for running default instance)
during build or ask our _developers_ to get used to this message and
using serverInstance.sh. IIUC, you are saying that create the template
and the default instance during build. And provide a script for
creating additional instances.

Sounds like we're almost there.
  yup..

Thanks