I see so you just left one box logo on the downloads page then? Not the direction I would have hopped... and its still got that ugly border... :-(

--jason

On May 2, 2007, at 2:32 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

On May 2, 2007, at 8:09 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
just to be sure, what is the "logo" you are talking about?

I'm talking about the Geronimo boxes as in http://cwiki.apache.org/ GMOxSITE/downloads.data/geronimo-box-1.1-small.jpg, this is a unique image that is to be used only for the 1.1 release in this case. Each image would be used only once, I can't see why attaching that unique image file to a unique page is such a bad thing.

This is the same box logo which I'm talking about.

I thought I had explained this already...

I give up. You do it how you want and if you end up copying the image over and over I'll try to explain again later why duplicating is bad.

--jason

If the images are attached to confluence and we export the space, all the content gets exported. Hence we have a self contained copy of the web site with very limited external dependencies, that is for the actual downloads.

Even if we serve those images from svn we would still have to copy every single one from site/trunk/art to site/trunk/docs/images

One additional tiny benefit on the attachment approach is that the image served from confluence is approx 4 times smaller in size compared to the one we have on svn. I know, I did that to make the rendering a bit faster but my point is that we will still have to do some additional steps either way, not only svn cp.

Now, if we want to serve all the static content from all our the cwiki spaces directly from svn that's a different story.

Cheers!
Hernan