I finally got my geronimo dev environment up and was able to
investigate/debug this issue. It turned out the problem was on Tuscany
extensions point code, and not on the contribution service as I  thought
originally.

I have fixed the issue in Tuscany revision #538785 just in time for our RC
branch :) , and tested on Geronimo M5 (windows and linux), and the web
application is working fine !!!

Thanks for all your help.