Kit Plummer
Advanced Programs
Raytheon Missile Systems
520.360.4729 (cell)
520.545.9346 (desk)
kitplummer (im)Thanks again Jean-Sebastian.

At this point I think Guillaume is correct - we need to look at the SE. I'm _guessing_ that the current TucsanyRuntime class gets simplified, or replaced by the use of EmbeddedSCADomain.

I'm tied up for the next few days - but, will hopefully get some free time to dig a bit deeper...

Kit

Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
[snip]
Kit Plummer wrote:
Guillaume, I think we figured out how to build/install the latest Tuscany, referencing it from the servicemix-sca pom.xml. I'm sure by the time we have this stuff straight Tuscany will be at 1.0 - or so. ;}

On to the problem of getting up-to-date with Tuscany. The existing test case instantiates a TuscanyRuntime, which doesn't appear to be the way to do it anymore...

Jean-Sebastian, do you think we can just mimic the sca/itest/interop-xsq-client/src/test/java/interop/ClientTestCase.java to get a runtime environment?

Thanks for your effort, BTW.

Kit

interop-xsq-client is old stuff, not part of the build at the moment, I just moved it out to an itest/old directory to make this more clear.

I'd suggest to start with these samples:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/samples/calculator/ http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/samples/helloworld-ws-reference/ http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/samples/helloworld-ws-service/

Booting an SCA runtime and domain is much simpler now, here's the test case from the calculator sample:

**
* This shows how to test the Calculator service component.
*/
public class CalculatorTestCase extends TestCase {

   private CalculatorService calculatorService;
   private SCADomain scaDomain;

       scaDomain = SCADomain.newInstance("Calculator.composite");
calculatorService = scaDomain.getService(CalculatorService.class, "CalculatorServiceComponent");
   }

   protected void tearDown() throws Exception {
       scaDomain.close();
   }

   public void testCalculator() throws Exception {
       // Calculate
       assertEquals(calculatorService.add(3, 2), 5.0);
       assertEquals(calculatorService.subtract(3, 2), 1.0);
       assertEquals(calculatorService.multiply(3, 2), 6.0);
       assertEquals(calculatorService.divide(3, 2), 1.5);

   }
}

If SCADomain does not provide the level of flexibility you need, try EmbeddedSCADomain.

A test case showing how to use it is there:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/modules/host-embedded/src/test/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/host/embedded/impl/EmbeddedSCADomainTestCase.java