Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:
> IIUC, org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.Registry.getMBeanServer() is the
> method that hooks up the MBeanServer with which tomcat registers its
> MBeans.  Also, tomcat is not creating an MBean server of its own to
> register its MBeans with.  It is using the first one in the results from
> MBeanServerFactory.findMBeanServer(null) which returns all the
> registered MBeanServers.  If there are no MBeanServers, then it creates
> one.  Geronimo was doing the same (though not intentional??) until
> GERONIMO-3268.  I have gone through the ServerLifecycleListener class.
> I could not figure how to make tomcat register its MBeans with our
> MBeanServer without modifying org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.Registry.
> Anything you are seeing which I am failing to see.

It appears the MBeans are registered in the listener with the
MBeanFactor (AFAICT).  I assume (yes just assuming by perusing the code)
that we can swap out calls in here to register mbeans with our server.
In otherwords, we could use our own MBeanFactory.

In any case if its not doable then we go down the patch route which is fine.

Jeff