All,

Given Geronimo 2.0 and DayTrader 2.0's focus on Java EE 5, I was wondering
if it made sense to remove the old EJB 2.1 code? To be quite honest, I am
torn. One one side, it would be nice to have both the EJB 2.1 and 3.0 impls
at the same time for comparison purposes. However, keeping the old stuff
around seems to hide the fact that 3.0 is supposed to be easier to work with
and develop.

Here are some options along with my own arguments for each...

1) Remove the old EJB 2.1 modes and make DayTrader 2.0 EJB 3 only
   - highlights the advantages of EJB 3.0 (less DDs, etc.)
   - makes the packaging and various runtime modes less confusing
   - can use the DayTrader 1.2 code for comparisons between EJB 2.1 and 3.0
   - EJB 2.1 mode never worked under load to begin with due to consistency
issues

2) Leave 2.1 code in there for now and phase out in a DayTrader 2.X
   - comparisons can be done using a single ear
   - DT 2.x could be spun up immediately

Now that I think about it, I think I'm swaying more towards option 1.
However, given the time constraints to get 2.0 out  the door, I'm not sure
if 1 is realistic.

Thoughts?

Thanks...

Chris