On Aug 21, 2007, at 3:17 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

On Aug 21, 2007, at 1:55 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

Even if we submitted the PR for release today, the earliest it would
go out would be Thurs. There in an inherent latency in the release
process in the wire service.

Thursday would be fine. We have agreement on the Press Release based on our discussion. I liked your comments; always nice to work with someone who can read and write something other than a computer language ;-P

Appreciate all your help on this.

Matt, I must not be making myself clear... The PRC must
approve the PR. Once that's done, then we need, of course, you
guys to approve any and all changes (for example, who is
the contact person for this PR?). Finally, once all that
is done, we send it to our wire-service for release, at
which point it normally takes 24-48 hours.

This is not an "immediate" process. We're trying to update
the information about the PRC to remove this misconception
that it's same-day service. Normally, since the PRC is,
as with every other cmmt in the ASF 100% volunteers, we
require a week.