+1

David Jencks wrote:
I'm not sure if/when we've faced this in the past but I'd be comfortable with:
- moving code to plugins
- announcing it on the dev list
- in 3-7 days pushing a snapshot if there are no major objections

thanks
david jencks

On Aug 22, 2007, at 12:38 PM, Paul McMahan wrote:

Followup question:

Once a plugin has been moved from /sandbox to /plugins, is it OK to go ahead and deploy snapshots of the plugin to the ASF snapshot repo? The specific reason I'm asking is because the extensible console work that has been going on in GERONIMO-3345 and GERONIMO-3413 is at the point where it would be great to get some feedback and collaboration without having to build the plugins from source. According to http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html the PMC needs to be "happy" with the binaries before they are "released" to the snapshot repo -- although "release" doesn't seem like the right term for them to use for stuff in the snapshot repo. So, is a heads-up on the dev list adequate for this type of activity, or is something more formal required?

Best wishes,
Paul