Prasad,
I have put some thought into this myself and agree with you. It would be too much of a hassle for users, I think, if they have to download subversion and maven along with the sample app, and THEN compile it before attempting to deploy it. Probably the best thing would be to have 'releases' or snapshots of the sample apps up on the wiki, along with the source being in the subversion repo.

-Erik

Prasad Kashyap wrote:
While a part of me seems to agree with you that we should remove the
zip file from the samples' wiki pages, a greater part of me feels that
we may be forcing some our users to now get SVN.

A user who just downloads and installs from a binary server will have
no need for svn. But just to get to the samples, he now has to get
SVN.

Then he has to get maven to play with the samples. So we are making
him jump thro' many hoops just to see our prized samples.

Hmm..

Cheers
Prasad