On Oct 23, 2007, at 9:50 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

Some questions on @Resource.mappedName processing. When an ejb is
deployed that has some @Resource annotated fields, OpenEJB will
process them and create the appropriate resource-ref entires in the DD
and pass it to Geronimo. But before the DD is passed into Geronimo the
mappedName attributes of the entires are cleared (see
EjbModuleBuilder.unmapReferences()). Why is that cleared?

IIRC, when the original integration was going on (back in 2.0 m2) there were issues in the xmlbeans tree in Geronimo such that it didn't contain the mappedName element. As a workaround we had to clear the mappedName data out so things wouldn't blow up. We can probably delete the code in EjbModuleBuilder that clears them out.

-David