On Dec 6, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

The discussion thread has been out there long enough for comment, and those who have responded appear positive about the prospect. I think it's time to put this to a vote. The full proposal from Matt Hogstrom is attached at the end, but the basic proposal we're voting on implementing in Geronimo is:

1) Accept the Yoko core modules (corba spec, corba core implemenation, rmi spec and rmi implementation) as a subproject of Geronimo. 2) The Yoko subproject will be maintained as a stand-alone component so it can be used by Harmony as well as Geronimo. 3) Lars Kuhn, Alexey Petrenko, and Darren Middleman be invited to join the Geronimo project as commiters so that they may continue contributing to the Yoko ORB.

This is a single vote on the entire proposal (accepting the code and inviting the commiters).

[ ] +1 Implement the Yoko ORB subproject in Geronimo as proposed above.
[ ] 0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Do not implement the Yoko subproject as proposed.
Only PMC member's votes are binding, but we invite anybody in the community to speak up and vote on this.

+1