anyone know how close we are to the limit for the repository? I'd like to be able to use longer groupIds to organize plugins, like:

    org.apache.geronimo.plugins.activemq

which would have all of the activemq plugin modules (.jar, .war, .car, .whatever). But I'm fairly sure that following this pattern would cause windows to crap its pants.

one solution I was thinking of was to update the G repo code to have some well known prefix resolution alias fluff... like:

    oag/plugins/activemq -> org/apache/geronimo/plugins/activemq

so in _our_ repo we can shorten the names of some of these groupIds and prevent windows from messing itself. though, there will still be full names in the local m2 repo cache.

and actually, I really want to put 'server' into the base groupId, so the above would really be more like:

    org.apache.geronimo.server.plugins.activemq

and the short version:

    oags/plugins/activemq

Anyone have any comments?

--jason