On Jan 23, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

Kevan,

I am testing this with an ear file. So, the EARConfiBuilder should be reading this file. I guess it is the same with other builders as well. The JarFileClassLoader has the following comment

* Note: This implementation currently does not work reliably on windows, since the jar URL handler included with the Sun JavaVM * holds a read lock on the JarFile, and this lock is not released when the jar url is dereferenced. To fix this a
 * replacement for the jar url handler must be written.

BTW, I am running G 2.0.3-SNAPSHOT on Win XP.

I wouldn't trust that comment. Dain's commit was addressing this very problem (at least within the server runtime:

You need to check to see what type of ClassLoader is being used. If it's not JarFileClassLoader, then we understand the problem. If it is JarFileClassLoader, then maybe we aren't calling destroy. If we doing all of these things, then obviously I'm wrong again... ;-)