Kevan Miller wrote:
All,
This note is a bit overdue (it's been a distracting start to the New Year for me). Time, IMO, for us to get focused on our 2.1 release.

As David Jencks has pointed out. We need to start cleaning out the 2.1 Jiras. It looks like I've got several open that have been fixed, either by additional development activities or redundant jira's. First step is to take a look at Jira's that you've created and make sure they are still valid and if you think it's important that they be fixed for 2.1.

We also need to be taking a close look at our current functionality. Make sure things are working the way we want them to... Especially need to cast a critical eye on our the usability aspects of the new 2.1. Along the way, will be great if we can start pulling docs together.

I started running tests last night. Right away, I'm noticing little things like warning messages being sent to STDOUT, etc. I'll start registering problem areas that I'm seeing.

I'd like to set a target of 2 weeks for reviewing and fixing problems. After that would start the branching, final tck, and packaging work. If we feel this might negatively impact post-2.1 development activities. We can consider creating a 2.1 branch sooner...

Thoughts?

--kevan

I've recently upgraded our image to utilize the newly released xbean 3.3, myfaces 1.2.2, geronimo-transaction 2.1, and geronimo-connector 2.1. Earlier I had updated the Tomcat build image and created a private build for Pluto.

I think the only snapshots left in our image are some of the specs (JACC & JASPI ... and it looks like Guillaume is working those along with upgrading others) and OpenEjb.

Joe