There is some documentation on the extensible admin console here which describes the architecture and has samples:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/extensible-administration-console.html

If you are writing a plugin for the admin console then I would encourage you to look over that documentation and improve/correct it as you see fit.

Best wishes,
Paul