Vamsi,

I do agree with you that there should be a mechanism to enforce GBean permissions, but I'm not entirely sure how prevalent the desire for 'shared hosting' on Geronimo really is, but this might be a direct result of the problem at hand. I think it is true that for a JEE app server, real world paid hosting services would often be either a dedicated machine or at least a virtualized instance.

I also thing that Geronimo would mostly be used in a true 'shared hosting' (multiple clients information deployed under one instance) environment only when being managed by the hosting company, so as to not necessitate giving the client any abilities to muck with the server via admin console or other means... in this case a solid GBean security mechanism would be critical.

Other than this, as far as hosts are concerned, what they might consider to be a 'shared hosting' configuration of Geronimo may be simply multiple instances/VMs bound to different IP addresses sharing hardware and giving clients administrative access to their own instance of Geronimo.

Thanks,
Erik B. Craig
[EMAIL PROTECTED]