David Jencks wrote:

On Feb 12, 2008, at 6:47 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

Shiva Kumar H R wrote:
On Feb 11, 2008 10:12 PM, David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
    On Feb 11, 2008, at 3:14 AM, Shiva Kumar H R wrote:

    On Feb 8, 2008 2:09 PM, David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

        3a is implemented in 2.1

    Is there an admin console page for this already implemented?
    yes, the bottom of the plugin page.  Also there's a gshell command
    for it
"Assemble a server" option looks too hidden under other features :( . A portlet on it's own would have better grabbed the attention of users towards it. We must at least highlight it now in our documentation.

I think both. This feature is important enough to be on its own, probably under 'Server' and we definitively need to document in deep how it works. That includes explaining the plugin architecture as well.

I'll see if I can get the plugin architecture documentation kicked off this week.

I think we should either change the left-hand menu item to something more inclusive that "plugins" (my current preference) or create a new group in the left hand menu with "add plugins" "edit plugin" and "extract server" (I think this will make the LHM too long).

The LHM is getting pretty long. I wonder if we can do something to shorten it -- perhaps a tree?

collapsible trees would be nice. That way the list will come down to just 6-7 entries so
we would be able to bring up new "sections" to the top level.

Cheers!
Hernan

thanks
david jencks

Cheers!
Hernan

Shiva
    david jencks

        Despite my liking for xmlbeans and its unique strengths I
        think a very strong argument can be made for moving the
        deployer code to jaxb.

    Interesting!! Let me do some quick learning of jaxb and start a
    separate thread on this.

        thanks
        david jencks