With a little more work I found a way to remove a lot of the jars from the WEB-INF/lib of the published roller war (although it isn't actually published as a war) and fixed enough of the logging problems for now. I've checked in my work. I changed the plugin version to 1.0-SNAPSHOT. I set up a repo in svn like we have for geronimo, so I think it should build without any extra stuff in maven.

The jetty and tomcat assemblies seem to me to work ok.

We might be able to move more customization stuff to var/roller, such as the list of blogs linked to.... I'm not sure how much time to spend on this right now.

I'd like people to try this out for a few days and if no major problems arise put a release out for vote next week.

thanks
david jencks