Kevan Miller wrote:

On May 15, 2008, at 2:32 AM, David Blevins wrote:

Setup google analytics on all our spaces and added everyone who's a committer who I could easily find a gmail address for.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You don't need a gmail address, just a google account. So if you're not in the above list, just get someone in the above list to add your google account.

Just visit http://www.google.com/analytics/ to log in and view the data. It'll be a day or two before we see much of anything.

Thanks David.

I've added everyone that's requested access to date, except Dan Becker. I gave all PMC members "Administrator" access. Committers have "User" access.

What should we do about non-committers requesting access? I don't know why we wouldn't make this information available to anyone who asks.

Are there any general privacy issues? If there are, then we should be aware of these issues, even if we don't open up access.

If people are interested, I see we can set up a regular email of reports.

--kevan

Thanks Kevan!  It works for me.

I don't think the information poses any privacy issue concerns so I think it would be ok to open it up to non-committers. Should we be concerned that somebody could use this against us in some fashion - perhaps to demonstrate how some other project is getting more interest than G based on hit volumes? If that is not a concern then I think an email report to dev would perhaps lessen the need to manage a large list of non-committers.

Joe