Here is a proposal for the ASF hosted machines to run TCK. Please let me know if you think changes necessary. Once we get it to a state that we agree upon, I will forward it to the Geronimo PMC for further approval and for the PMC to make the request to ASF infra. It would be great if we could get this to the PMC by Monday, 5/19.

Rational:
The Apache Geronimo community has a need to support the execution and sharing of results from Sun certification tests (cts) which are necessary gain JavaEE5 certification compliance. This information is only available to those Geronimo committers that have signed the Sun NDA and other Apache committers that have signed an NDA and gained approval of the Apache Geronimo PMC. As such, this is becoming a resource for not only the Apache Geronimo but also other ASF projects.

In the past these resource intensive tests have been run on private machines by individuals. As more people become involved with Apache Geronimo and related projects, it is becoming obvious that we need a central system to run and share the results of these tests.

Request:
To fulfill this requirement, the Apache Geronimo PMC is requesting the ASF infrastructure team to provide and host machines that can be used for this purpose. Initially, we would like to request two (2) machines that meet (as closely as possible) the specification below. However, we can see the need for 2 additional machines in the not too distant future.

Machine specs:
- 8 core (two 3.0 GHz quad-core)
- 16 GB memory
- two 750GB 7200 - rpm SATA 3GB/s disks
- DVD R/W (20x?)
- rack mountable specification to work with ASF infra requirements
- LOM or other features as necessary for ASF infra support
- to be developer managed and maintained by the Apache Geronimo Team
  - Apache Geronimo would assume all responsibility for:
     - configuration
     - backup/recovery
     - secure access
- Strictly limited to those Apache Geronimo committers with NDAs on file or additional Apache committers with NDAs and approved by Geronimo PMC.
  - full, admin access would be granted to ASF infra with reboot directions
- At least 2 active Apache Geronimo committers (with NDA authorization) would identified to manage the machines.
- Running Linux with something like Xen for 4 VM images per machine
- Automation will most likely be added to run builds, execute tests, and produce reports.
- Capability to manually run tests on demand would also be supported.

Joe