Hi Jontto

Upps! I did not realize I was reading the dev list and answering a question addressed to a geronimo developer ;). FYI I am not a geronimo developer just a user but I hope my contribution to the discussion make sens anyway.

regards
 peter petersson

Peter Petersson wrote:
Hi Jontto

I have been following debian (and lately ubuntu) development for some years now and I think this question should also be asked (or even better asked) in the debian mailing list in particular the debian-java list http://lists.debian.org/debian-java/ I think the java team in debian would find geronimo to be fairly simple to repackage to suite the linux FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard) and additional stuff they would have to change or add for it to be a suitable debian/ubuntu package.

regards
 peter petersson

jontto wrote:
Hi,
I could not find a Debian package of Geronimo, is there any particular
reason for this or has it just not got done yet?
Of course you can download the normal Linux package and run that, but a
Debian package with the configuration files and misc scripts placed in the
Debian typical way in the directories would be nice.