Ted Kirby wrote:
From our server release download pages, I see no reference to the
license under which the server is released.  There is a link to
release notes, but it does not mention the information either.  The
legal information is collected in the LICENSE and NOTICE files.
Shouldn't we provide some link to it?  I would particularly like to
see these files in http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/2.1.1/.

It wouldn't be difficult to add a copy of the LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt there. However, our official statement is what is included within each distribution item. If we were to include something at the distribution level I suppose it would have match what we include in the server images (which I think is the most all-inclusive). It might be a problem keeping these in sync.

I've been doing a lot of work lately on these files so they get
displayed properly in GEP.  Eclipse, particularly the Update Manager,
has many facilities for displaying this information.  If these files
were on the web site, it would make things easier in GEP, especially
for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-416 Add
click-through license screen to Download and Install path.

Could we pull the license info from the jar/zip itself? That is really the requirement for our distribution and would eliminate any possibility of things getting out of sync.

Ted Kirby